The Delhi-based CBSE Board is the largest Educational Board in the country. The Board is focused on pursuing innovative teaching learning methodologies by devising student friendly programmes ushering reforms in examinations, evaluating practices. It promotes skill based learning by adding job oriented and job linked programmes.
The Prime Focus of the Board is on
- Innovations in teaching-learning methodologies by devising students friendly and students centered paradigms.
- Reforms in examinations and evaluation practices.
- Skill learning by adding job-oriented and job-linked inputs.
- Regularly updating the pedagogical skills of the teachers and administrators by conducting in service training programmes, workshops etc.
The aim of an effective kindergarten programme is to provide a learning environment which is flexible so that children will find varied opportunities in which they can learn social behaviours which benefit both the individual and the group, develop critical thinking, learn to solve problems, discover, collect and classify information about the world, build and clarify concepts, extend present knowledge and experience, learn about words and explore usage and meanings for effective communication.
Primary Classes I – V ( 5-10 yrs)
General Aims of Primary Education
The curriculum identifies three primary aims of primary education:-
- To enable the child to live a full life as a child and to realise his or her potential as a unique individual
- To enable the child to develop as a social being through living and co-operating with others and so contribute to the good of society
- To prepare the child for further education and lifelong learning.
The Primary School Curriculum aims to enable children to meet, with self-confidence assurance, the demands of life, both now and in the future.